Quantcast
Home » Napo You are browsing entries tagged with “Napo”

4 ABU DOWN, 4 ON THE RUN

By: ,

  Abu Sayyaf Group remnants found CLARIN, Bohol — The smell gave them away. A habal-habal (motorcycle-taxi) driver yesterday became suspicious of his two smelly passengers and tipped off the police about the possible presence of the Abu Sayyaf members in the village of Bacani in Clarin, the town that adjoined Inabanga where eight members […]

Posted: April 22nd, 2017 in Featured Stories,Headlines | Read More »

STAY VIGILANT

By:

Police and military officials on Saturday assured that Cebu is safe but urged the public to remain vigilant in the wake of the firefight that claimed nine lives in Bohol this week as well as several unverified reports of terrorist sightings in the province circulating through text and on social media. The assurance came amid […]

Posted: April 15th, 2017 in Featured Stories,Headlines | Read More »

Napo evacuees return to farms, try to bring back lives before clash

By: ,

AFTER the armed encounter between government troops and suspected Abu Sayyaf members in Inabanga town in Bohol province, evacuees from Barangay Napo are trying to bring some normalcy back in their lives. Most of the evacuees from Barangay Napo have already returned to their homes to feed their animals and till their farms. Others joined […]

Posted: April 15th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

ABU LEADER KILLED

By: , ,

Inabanga, Bohol — A top military official yesterday declared that Bohol “is now the safest place on earth” after a successful government siege here that led to the death of six Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) members, including the man believed to be a key leader of the Islamic militant group. Top officials of the Armed […]

Posted: April 12th, 2017 in Featured Stories,Headlines | Read More »

Asean meeting in Bohol to proceed as scheduled

By: ,

The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) Summit meetings in the resort town of Panglao in Bohol next week will not be cancelled despite the bloody clash between government troopers and the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) in Inabanga town. “Business as usual. There are no cancellations. Kayang-kaya natin yan. (We can secure the delegates),” said […]

Posted: April 12th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

There’s no place like home for Estelita

By:

INABANGA, Bohol– Tuesday was the longest night for Estelita Esto, 27, as she wrapped her two children- Nicole,1, and Wisley, 3, in blanket to protect them from mosquito bites and the cold evening. Esto and other residents of Barangay Liloan Sur of this town were grateful they were evacuated to the Nabuad Elementary School at […]

Posted: April 12th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

Govt. forces continue to monitor Barangay Napo area

By:

  CEBU CITY–Airstrikes continued in Barangay Napo in Inabanga, Bohol until close to midnight on Tuesday, said Frank Baylosis, the municipality’s information officer. “But the airstrike was contained in Napo area,” he said. As of 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, around 1,081 families from Napo and neighboring barangays had been evacuated from their homes. Most stayed […]

Posted: April 12th, 2017 in Breaking | Read More »

Nine killed in firefight between govt forces and suspected members of Abu Sayyaf

By:

CEBU CITY—Five suspected members of the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG), three soldiers and one policeman were reported to have been killed in the ongoing firefight in the mountain village of Napo, Inabanga town, Bohol province. This was contained in a joint statement issued by Chief Supt. Noli Taliño, head of the Police Regional Office in […]

Posted: April 11th, 2017 in Breaking | Read More »

Residents told to abandon homes amid ongoing firefight

By:

CEBU CITY–The Inabanga municipal government has ordered a forced evacuation of residents in Barangay Napo due to the ongoing gun battle between government troopers and armed men believed to be members of the Abu Sayyaf Group. Frank Baylosis, Inabanga information officer, said in a phone interview that barangay officials went house-to-house to convince residents to […]

Posted: April 11th, 2017 in Breaking | Read More »

P200K reward money put up for Carcar barangay dad’s killer

By:

The local government of Carcar City is offering a P200,000 reward money to those who can give information on the whereabouts of the killer of a former barangay captain and incumbent barangay councilor of Barangay Napo, Carcar City. Mayor Nicepuro Apura said the reward money could also help the authorities in their ongoing manhunt operation […]

Posted: August 11th, 2016 in Headlines | Read More »