Quantcast
Home » victims You are browsing entries tagged with “victims”

Mandaue fire victims told: Be patient

By:

  The Mandaue City government is asking for patience from the fire victims of last year’s Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong fire who were not lucky enough to win in the raffling of lots in the two barangays. Lawyer Elaine Bathan, Mandaue City Mayor Luis Gabriel Quisumbing’s chief of staff, said Housing and Urban Development Office […]

Posted: April 28th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

Capitol mulls relocation site for victims

By:

CRISING AFTERMATH The unexpected wrath brought about by the otherwise mild tropical depression Crising caught many people by surprise when the floodwaters it brought along slammed through northern Cebu and left nine people dead. And from here on, the provincial government is not taking any chances. After personally surveying the damage caused by Crising in […]

Posted: April 18th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

Mandaue fire victims start moving out of CICC by batches

By:

MORE than 300 victims of a fire in Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong, Mandaue City, who took shelter at the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC) grounds for more than a year, started to return to their barangays, Friday. Of the 657 victims given lot assignments by the city government, only 369 would be able to return […]

Posted: April 7th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

Claims board okays partial pay for martial law victims

By:

The Human Rights Victims Claims Board (HRVCB) has approved the release of partial monetary compensation for the first 4,000 martial law victims, Malacañang said on Tuesday. Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said the claims of martial law victims have been processed as the HRVCB has requested the release of P300 million from the Department of Budget […]

Posted: March 28th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

185 Talisay fire victims to get financial help

By:

FOOD packs from the Talisay City Department of Social Welfare and Services were distributed to the 56 families or 185 individuals displaced by last Sunday afternoon’s fire in Sitio Kilawan, Barangay Tangke, Talisay City. Barangay Captain Perla Cabanes said that they would extend financial assistance to the fire victims, however, they would still validate the […]

Posted: March 27th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

NBI 7 calls on skimming victims

By: ,

THE National Bureau of Investigation in Central Visayas (NBI-7) is calling on victims of ATM skimming to visit the NBI office to issue sworn statements against the three Romanian nationals earlier arrested by NBI agents. Although physical evidence against the Romanians which include card reader microchips, laptops and “cloned” ATM cards were found inside the […]

Posted: March 19th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

Tisa Barangay Council places four fire-hit sitios under state of calamity

By:

CEBU CITY–Four sitios of Barangay Tisa in Cebu City were declared under a state of calamity after a nearly 7-hour fire rendered at least 259 families homeless on Monday dawn. A state of calamity is also set to be declared in Sitio Sto. Rosario in adjacent Barangay Labangon to allow the barangay to use its […]

Posted: February 20th, 2017 in Breaking | Read More »

Aid from LGUs, civil society pours for earthquake victims

By: , , , ,

Minda Ocleasa turns 74 on February 21. But instead of throwing a birthday party, she decided to donate the P5,000 she set aside for her party to earthquake victims in Surigao City, saying it will be better spent to help them. “It’s not easy baya. Paet kaayo nang mabiktima ka og earthquake,” she said. Ocleasa […]

Posted: February 13th, 2017 in Headlines | Read More »

World Vision provides relief for flood victims in Agusan

By:

World Vision continues its ongoing relief operations in the municipalities of La Paz and Loreto in Agusan del Sur. More than 1,700 Manobo families have already received water purification kits (P&G water purifier packets, filter cloth, jerry can), hygiene kits (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, alcohol, face towel, comb, sanitary napkins and bath and laundry soaps) and […]

Posted: February 13th, 2017 in Community,Headlines | Read More »

Capitol to extend P1 M financial assistance to Surigao

By:

The Cebu provincial government will be sending P1 million in financial assistance for the victims of the 6.7 magnitude earthquake that hit Surigao City last Friday. Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) head Baltazar Tribunalo Jr. made the announcement on Monday saying the P1 million will be taken from the PDRRMO budget. Tribunalo, […]

Posted: February 13th, 2017 in Breaking | Read More »