Food poisoning kills boy, downs 2

By: Jhunnex Napallacan, Rene F. Alima January 07,2016 - 04:26 AM

A SIX-YEAR-OLD boy died while his two siblings fell ill after eating boiled  casava in a case of  suspected food poisoning in Dumanjug town,  southwest Cebu.

The fatality was identified as Noven Pasuquin Monteza.

His siblings— Dexter, 2, and Marilyn, 9—were first brought to Barili District Hospital then moved to a hospital in Cebu City.

Noven  died in their home at about 4 a.m. on Wednesday, said PO1 Loreniel Labasa, desk officer of the Dumanjug Police Station.

Labasa said the children ate boiled cassava at about 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

Four hours later, the children complained of stomach pains.

However, the parents didn’t bring them to the hospital immediately, said Labasa.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Allegiant Regional Care Hospitals, Dumanjug Police Station, Dumanjug town, food poisoning, PO1 Loreniel Labasa

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.