Lapu drafts case against Cebu Flash Report

By: Norman Mendoza November 29,2017 - 11:16 PM

The City Legal Office of Lapu-Lapu City is now drafting a case against the administrators of Cebu Flash Report (CFR).

CFR, a Facebook page that publishes news and information, has been under fire since it posted information of a bomb threat in Barangay Basak, Lapu-Lapu City in May. The information had been proven untrue.

City Legal Officer Yuri Benluan said that the Cybercrime Division of the Police Regional Office 7 already identified the people managing CFR page.

“We will not divulge it yet unless the case will be filed in the court, but it’s more than one person,” said Benluan.

He added that they will endorse the report to the Sangguniang Panlungsod (City Council) as it will be the city who will act as the complainant.

Benluan said CFR administrators will be facing cases for disseminating false information on explosives using social media.

The city has earlier vowed to conduct an investigation and file a case against CFR after its inaccurate posting created panic in the city.

Mayor Paz Radaza said CFR should have been responsible of their posts so as not to scare people and affect businesses and tourism in the city.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu‬, Cebu Flash Report, cfr, Journalism, lapu-lapu, news, Paz Radaza

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.