You are safe, but be vigilant while in Cebu
US CONSUL GENERAL
THE consul general of the United States of America assured its citizens that they have nothing to worry about their safety in Cebu.
US Consul General Russel Brown however, said they should not let their guard down.
“Just continue to be vigilant even as I assure our American citizens that they are safe in Cebu,” he said in an interview.
Brown, along with US Consul Agent Glenn Loop, visited the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) on Thursday to personally thank local police officials for ensuring the safety of all people, including the Americans.
“I rely heavily on you (the police) to make our citizens safe. You put everything on the line for the service of the people,” Brown said.
He added that the relationship between the Philippines and the US shall continue in the hope of helping each other for the development of both countries.
Last year, the US embassy issued a travel advisory asking its citizens to avoid travel to Cebu and Bohol province in Central Visayas because of kidnapping threats in these areas.
The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) had repeatedly announced that they have not received direct threats in the region.
At present, Senior Supt. Edgar Alan Okubo, director of the Cebu provincial police, said the internal security status of the province states that “terrorist attack is possible but not likely.”
Okubo said Cebu is a safe place to travel to and reside in.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.