Three fires in Cebu, Mandaue cities
A house in Sitio lower Careta, barangay Careta caught on fire at past 7 a.m. today.
Home owner Alex Morimon was reported to be cooking rice in his kitchen when a nearby container caught fire, he said. Morimon’s neighbors were quick to put out the fire themselves. Damages were pegged at P1,000.
Barely an hour after, a Kawasaki motorcycle caught fire following a vehicular accident along the Bayanhian Village at Basak.
SFO2 Pier Angelo Abellana said the motorcycle fell to the ground after hitting a vehicle. Abellana said leaked gasoline caused the fire. Fire fighters used an extinguisher.
A third fire damaged five houses in sitio Pilapil, Casuntingan Mandaue City at 11:40 am today. The fire was believed to have originated from the home of Edgar Gutib. Electrical misuse was cited as the cause of the fire.
The fire was put out 20 minutes later. SFO1 Cipriano Codilla Jr. pegged the damages at P150,000.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.