Cebu City traffic group gets additional patrol cars
THE Cebu City government turned over six patrol vehicles to the Cebu City Transportation Office (CCTO) at the Cebu City Hall grounds yesterday morning.
CCTO head Rafael Christopher Yap said the additional vehicles will help improve their response time to vehicular accidents. The vehicles were previously owned by the barangays.
Cebu City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CCDRRMO) head and public information officer Nagiel Bañacia suggested that vehicles should undergo daily checkup.
“Every after shift, the driver should check the vehicle’s oil, tail light, blinkers, etc. We will make the drivers accountable for the damage to the vehicles assigned to them,” Bañacia said.
The CCTO has five multicabs, three mobile patrol and around 20 to 30 motorcycles.
Yap said he was still planning to add three or four more vehicles in the future depending on the traffic situation.
Aside from service vehicles, the CCTO also hired new traffic enforcers. Last Friday, a total of 32 men and women have graduated from the traffic enforcement management training.
Also during the turnover ceremony yesterday, Yap mentioned that there was no indication that the BRT project would be cancelled.
He said the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) was interested in pursuing the project.
“We are still following up the progress of the project. They are just making sure that all documents are in order before they proceed,” Yap said. “So far, we already submitted all the documentations.”
He said he hoped that the start of the procurement of the first two construction packages and the rig-of-way acquisition would happen in the first 100 days of the Duterte administration as planned.
The first two construction packages are the busways in Osmeña Boulevard and the South Road Properties. The road right-of-way acquisition and widening would pave the way for dedicated lanes of the bus rapid transit system.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.