CCPO: Cebu City’s mountain barangays remain safe

By: Morexette Marie B. Erram April 05,2019 - 04:04 PM

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Police in Cebu City assured residents in the city’s mountain barangays that there was no need to be alarmed in the peace and order situation there despite the twin strafing incidents on Thursday dawn, April 4.

An official from the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) said the 22 hinterland villages of the city remained peaceful, and that it would likely continue to be so even if the midterm elections was drawing near.

“So far, in the previous elections, there were no election-related incidents recorded, reported. Wala ray angay kabalak-an ang atong mga mountain barangays,” said Lieutenant Colonel Leoncio Baliguat Jr., CCPO’s deputy city director for operations.

Meanwhile, police have yet to identify the possible suspects behind the strafing incidents which involved the houses of the barangay captains of Sinsin (Aurelio Laspuña) and Sudlon II (Pricillo Albores).

READ MORE: Homes of two village chiefs peppered with bullets

Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, Cebu City Police Office Operations Branch chief, said they were also looking into several possible motives which include politics, business-related, and even personal grudge.

“Wala pa tay possible suspects so far but as we’ve said before, mas maayo mucooperate ang atong victims with the police,” said Parilla.

(We have no possible suspects so far, but like we have said before, it would be better if the victims would cooperate with the police.)

READ MORE: Garma on Osmeña’s 10-day deadline: It’s childish way of solving something 

WATCH:  Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, Cebu City Police Office Operations Branch chief, has urged the victims of the strafing incidents in the two mountain barangays of Cebu City to file formal complaints to the police. Parilla said as of Friday morning, no one had approached the investigators to provide information and cooperate with the investigation. |Morexette Marie B. Erram

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu City Police Office, mountain barangays, Sinsin, strafing incidents, Sudlon II

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.