Manila-based contractor gives lowest bid of P514M

By: Jose Santino S. Bunachita June 19,2015 - 11:55 AM

A Manila-based contractor was declared as the lowest read bidder for the P600-million Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC) project.

C.E. Padilla Construction gave the lowest bid of P514.97 million compared to two other eligible bidders.

The joint venture of SCDI-MCEI gave the second lowest bid of P530 million while E.M. Cuerpo was declared as the third lowest bidder with a bid of P533.88 million
“Under the rules, the lowest read bid will be subjected to arithmetical computation. Meaning, we will look if the details will match the bid amount.

There are instances that it won’t match. We will check it doing mathematical computation,” said City Engineer Jose Marie Poblete who heads the special Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) for CCMC.

He said the reviewed computation will prevail and will be upheld by the BAC.

After it is declared as the lowest complying bid, the BAC will then continue with the post-qualification process which entails submission of documents, and verification of the documents like the list of equipment and other data.

This will take at least seven days but not more than 30 days, Poblete said.

The BAC will then recommend to the head of the procuring entity, which is the mayor, to award the contract to the bidder.

During the submission, receipt and opening of bids yesterday morning at the City Hall’s Social Hall, two other bidders were declared ineligible by the BAC’s Technical Working Group (TWG).

Dakay Construction and Development Corp. and the joint venture of WTG Construction and Development Corp. and A.M. Oreta & Co. Inc. were both disqualified after they failed to include a blueprint of their plans for the project in the bid documents they submitted to the BAC yesterday morning.

The blueprint of plans is included in the list of requirements for the project which was pointed out by a representative from E.M Cuerpo Inc. during the opening of the bids.

Initially, the  cost of the new CCMC was only P300 million but it was revised in April to P600 million.

During the first bidding last year,  it was the joint venture of WTG and A.M. Oreta that gave the lowest bid.

Later on, the BAC decided to post-disqualify the bidder for alleged misrepresentation and false information in their documents.

This led to Mayor Michael Rama’s declaration of a failure of bidding for the project.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: BAC, Bids and Awards Committee, CCMC, Manila
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.