Reblocking first for fire site

Doris Mae Mondragon 02/26/2018

THE families that were displaced by the recent fire in Barangay Quiot, Cebu City will have to wait until the area is re-blocked before they are allowed to rebuild their homes. Even then, their claim to the…

Reblocking of fire area required

Rosalie O. Abatayo 12/27/2017

FIRE victims in Sitio Caduldulan, Barangay Lawaan III, Talisay City will be allowed to rebuild their homes but the area will be reblocked to provide access to firetrucks. The area will also be subdivided and the occupants…

DWUP hopeful Duljo-Fatima fire victims can rebuild homes before Christmas

John Carlo Villaruel 12/07/2016

THE Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor (DWUP) is hoping that families who were affected by the fire in Barangay Duljo-Fatima last week can rebuild their damaged houses before December 25 so they can celebrate…

Duljo victims okay reblocking of fire site

Jose Santino S. Bunachita, Nestle L. Semilla 12/06/2016

SITIO leaders in Barangay Duljo Fatima, Cebu City have agreed to the city’s plan to reblock the fire-stricken area to avoid similar incidents in the future. In a meeting with the Division for the Welfare of the…

‘Security nightmare ang Pasko, New Year ug Sinulog’

Lloyd Suarez 12/04/2016

Lahap ra kaayo’g dila ning ubang mga tawo nga mang-akusar nga binuhatan sa Duterte administration ang pagtanom og bomba duol sa US Embassy aron gamitong basihanan sa pag-suspenso sa privilege sa writ of habeas corpus ug pagdeklarar…

‘HELP US’

Nestle L. Semilla 12/03/2016

Sirila Gomisong has not changed her clothes in two days. Yet she had no choice but to keep on wearing the same house dress because it was all that she has now, having fled from the fire…

Mandaue fire victims seen to rebuild homes

Norman V. Mendoza 09/26/2016

The fire victims of Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong in Mandaue City may spend Christmas rebuilding their houses in the lot where they once stood before they went up in flames. Tony Pet Juanico, head of Mandaue City…

Mandue City to continue negotiations with Capitol for CICC purchase

Julit C. Jainar 07/05/2016

In his speech during the Inaugural Session on Tuesday afternoon, Mandaue City Mayor Gabriel Luis “Luigi” Quisumbing said that in terms of infrastructure, the Mandaue City government is serious with its earlier decision to purchase the Cebu…

5 remaining houses in Guizo demolished

Norman V. Mendoza 06/23/2016

The five houses that remained standing at the fire site in Barangay Guizo, Mandaue City were demolished yesterday after the deadline to voluntarily demolish them had lapsed. Lawyer Edu Ibañez of the Mandaue City Legal Office, said…

Demolition deadline extended

Julit C. Jainar 06/20/2016

Guizo-Mantuyong victims given three more days to destroy houses at fire site Fire victims staying in the fire site in Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong were given three more days to demolish the houses that they rebuilt as…

Fire victims to stay at CICC in case of rain

Julit C. Jainar 06/06/2016

THE Mandaue City government decided to allow fire victims of Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong to stay inside the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC) ahead of the onset of the rainy season. Felix Suico, who heads the City…

Tension high in fire site as backfilling work starts

Julit C. Jainar 06/03/2016

Tension rose on the first day of the backfilling operation for the site development in Barangays Guizo and Mantuyong in Mandaue City yesterday, after some residents who are opposed to the project tried to stop the operation.…

Previous           Next

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.