Tents for Sirao families

By: Inna Mejia February 16,2017 - 09:35 PM

ABOUT 84 families displaced by last month’s landslides in Barangay Sirao, Cebu City will be provided one tent each to serve as temporary shelter while the city government finds a suitable relocation site for them.

“We will put them in a safe zone where they can temporarily stay,” said Genevieve Alcoseba, who heads City Hall’s Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor (DWUP).

Alcoseba said the General Services Office (GSO) submitted a list of possible city-owned areas to serve as a relocation site.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu, Cebu City, Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor, Genevieve Alcoseba, Sirao, tents

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.