Cebu poll chief reminds national candidates to follow election campaign rules
CEBU CITY, Philippines — National candidates, who are running for public office in the coming May elections are reminded anew to follow the campaign rules set by the Commission on Elections (Comelec).
Lawyer Jerome Brillantes, acting provincial election supervisor, told Cebu Daily News Digital in a phone interview on February 12 that they were reminding these candidates anew with the start of the campaign period for national candidates today, February 12.
Brillantes said that the candidates should hang all posters at the designated Comelec poster areas, to follow the approved sizes of their campaign posters and to avoid monetary contributions during their campaigns.
As part of the preparations for the start of the campaign period for national candidates, the Comelec met last week with election officers and the ‘Backlash committee’ that would be in charge of the monitoring of those illegally hanged posters.
The ‘Backlash committee’ is composed of the cities and municipalities’ election officers, engineers as well as the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).
Also, starting today they have posted a printout of the Precinct Computerized Voters List (PCVL) in the Comelec office and has disseminated the PCVL to the barangays for the guidance of the registered voters for the upcoming May elections.| dbs
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.