Jeepney conductor electrocuted as he was taking a bath in Duljo Fatima
CEBU CITY, Philippines — A 35-year-old jeepney conductor was electrocuted when he touched a grounded sheet of galvanized iron (GI) as he was taking a bath at past noon on Friday, April 5, in Barangay Duljo Fatima, Cebu City.
The victim, who was only known as Negro, was taking a bath near the house of the jeepney driver that he was partnering with, when he was electrocuted, said Police Captain Francis Renz, Mambaling Police Precinct chief, in an interview with CDN Digital on Friday, April 5.
The jeepney driver partner of the victim told Renz that he didn’t know the real name of the victim and he was only known as Negro to them.
He said that Negro was not from Duljo Fatima and that he did not know where his family or hometown was.
He said that Negro showed up one day at the terminal where he drove his jeepney and would spend the night there.
Negro eventually became his conductor, and he allowed him to stay in their home in Duljo Fatima.
Until the accident happened.
According to Duljo Barangay Captain Edgar Abella, an electric wire with a damaged insulation touched on the GI sheet placed at the side of the fence causing it to become grounded.
Abella said that this was what Negro touched that caused his death.
Renz said that they were still investigating the background of Negro so that they could notify his relatives of his death./dbs
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.