Man found hanging from a building in Colon remains unidentified

Paul Lauro, Pegeen Maisie Sararana 05/07/2022

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The police and the city’s disaster risk reduction and management office personnel are still clueless as to the cause of death of the still-unidentified man seen hanging from a building in downtown Cebu…

Man in critical condition after being electrocuted while installing roof sheets in Argao, Cebu

Pegeen Maisie M. Sararaña 09/04/2021

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A 20-year-old poultry farm employee is in critical condition after he was electrocuted on Friday afternoon, September 3, in Barangay Bulasa, Argao town, southern Cebu. Noel Exquil of barangay Magdugo in Toledo City…

Electrocution incident in Toledo City an accident, police say

Pegeen Maisie M. Sararana and Paul Lauro 04/06/2021

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Toledo police believe that the electrocution incident resulting in the death of a 27-year-old Romel Soon that happened around 11 a.m. on Monday, April 5, 2021 in Sitio Daspo, Barangay Das, was ‘accidental.’ Police…

Man hired to fix roof dies of electrocution in Barili

Alven Marie A. Timtim 07/31/2020

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Police from Barili town in southwestern Cebu is reminding the public to supervise closely those they hire to repair house roofs after a roofer died of electrocution on Thursday, July 30, 2020. Police…

Jeepney conductor electrocuted as he was taking a bath in Duljo Fatima

Benjie B. Talisic 04/05/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A 35-year-old jeepney conductor was electrocuted when he touched a grounded sheet of galvanized iron (GI) as he was taking a bath at past noon on Friday, April 5, in Barangay Duljo Fatima,…

Boy dies by electrocution in Cebu

Benjie B. Talisic 05/16/2018

A 7-year-old boy died after being electrocuted by a live wire in Barangay Toong, Cebu City past 7 a.m. on Tuesday, May 15. The victim was identified as Roel Serito Jr. SPO3 Rommel Bangcog of the Cebu…

Two workers electrocuted

Michaela Jaycel L. Dolores 11/14/2016

Two construction workers fell after being electrocuted at a construction site along N. Escario Street Monday afternoon. The victims were identified as Guerardo and Brando Paran, two brothers contracted to help build an extension building for a…

Boy electrocuted in tuburan town

Rene F. Alima 08/24/2016

A FIVE-YEAR-OLD boy was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a fish net attached to a live wire around 5 p.m. last Tuesday in Barangay Marmol, Tuburan town, northwest Cebu. Kevin Montebon was already dead when brought to…

Man trimming coconut leaves electrocuted

Rene F. Alima 06/07/2016

A 33-year-old man died after he accidentally touched the power line of Cebu Electric Company (Cebeco) III while trimming coconut leaves in Barangay Canbang-og, Toledo City around 4 p.m. last Monday. Marchie Laspoña, single, of the said…

Boy dies by electrocution

Margarette Managaytay 05/20/2016

A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy died after being electrocuted by a live wire at a backyard in Barangay Inayawan, Cebu City at 1:40 p.m. last Thursday. Rimart Paglomotan Baraba was found by neighbors, kneeling while holding a live wire. He…

‘Stay away from water, metals’

Michelle Joy L. Padayhag 08/01/2015

People should stay indoors during a thunderstorm. If you are outside, seek shelter in  a building to avoid getting struck by lightning, said Mactan weather bureau chief Alfredo Quiblat. “Stay away from water bodies like rivers, pools…

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.