Auring maintains strength while over PH sea
MANILA, Philippines — Tropical Storm Auring (international name: Dujuan) maintained its strength as it was over the Philippine Sea, the state weather bureau said Sunday.
In its 11 a.m. severe weather bulletin, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said that Auring was last spotted at 335 kilometers east of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur.
Auring packed maximum sustained winds of 65 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center, and gustiness of up to 80 kph.
The tropical storm was also monitored moving almost stationary, Pagasa added.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 2 is hoisted over the following areas:
- The central and southern portions of Eastern Samar (Sulat, Taft, San Julian, Borongan City, Maydolong, Balangkayan, Balangiga, Lawaan, Llorente, Hernani, General Macarthur, Quinapondan, Giporlos, Salcedo, Mercedes, Guiuan)
- Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Norte including Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands
Meanwhile, TCWS No. 1 remains hoisted over:
- Eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Caramoan, Presentacion, Sagnay, Buhi, Iriga City, Nabua, Bato, Balatan)
- Northern Samar
- The rest of Eastern Samar
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Southern Leyte
- Negros Oriental
- Northern and central portions of Negros Occidental (Kabankalan City, Himamaylan City, Binalbagan, Isabela, Moises Padilla, Hinigaran, La Castellana, Pontevedra, San Enrique, La Carlota City, Pulupandan, Valladolid, Bago City, Murcia, Bacolod City, Talisay City, Silay City, Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias City, Manapla, Cadiz City, Sagay City, Escalante City, Toboso, Calatrava, San Carlos City, Salvador Benedicto)
- Eastern portion of Iloilo (San Rafael, Barotac Viejo, Lemery, Ajuy, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Balasan, Carles), and the eastern portion of Capiz (Roxas City, Panitan, Ma-Ayon, Cuartero, Dumarao, Panay, Pontevedra, President Roxas, Pilar)
- Surigao del Sur
- Agusan del Norte
- Agusan del Sur
- Davao Oriental
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- Misamis Oriental
Auring is expected to bring moderate to heavy rains over Caraga, Eastern Visayas, Misamis Oriental, Bukidnon, and Camiguin.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rain, meanwhile, is expected over Zamboanga Peninsula, Bicol Region, Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan), Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Quezon, and the rest of Visayas and Northern Mindanao also due to Auring.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.