cdn mobile

Cebu weather: Expect cloudy skies with 60% chance of rain

By: Pia Piquero - Multimedia Reporter - CDN Digital | July 06,2024 - 10:18 AM

Cloudy skies hovering over Cebu City | CDN Digital File Photo

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Cebu is expected to have mostly fair weather on Saturday, July 6, with a 60 percent chance of rain, according to the local weather bureau in Mactan.

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) in Mactan forecasts generally fair conditions, but there is a high chance of localized thunderstorms.

“Generally makasinati ta’g partly cloudy to cloudy pero taas ang chance of occurrence of thunderstorms,” said Engineer Al Quiblat, the chief of Pagasa based in Mactan, Cebu.

READ: Pagasa: La Niña is not here yet

Keep umbrellas handy: Pagasa officially declares rainy season

Looking ahead, Quiblat reported that there are no imminent threats of typhoons or low-pressure areas entering the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) over the next five days.

However, easterly winds and localized thunderstorms are expected to intermittently affect Cebu’s weather patterns.

Quiblat cautioned that the localized thunderstorms could potentially disrupt the otherwise fair weather conditions currently experienced the past days.

For the coming days, the weather outlook shows a 60 percent chance of rain on Saturday, July 6, decreasing to 40 percent on Sunday, July 7, and increasing again to 80 percent on Monday, July 8. Temperatures are expected to range from 26 to 31 degrees Celsius.

READ: How to make use of rainwater

Quiblat urged the public to remain vigilant, especially during thunderstorms.

He advised keeping abreast of updates from the local weather bureau, particularly for any thunderstorm advisories that may be issued.

Furthermore, he highlighted potential hazards associated with thunderstorms, including lightning strikes, sudden heavy rainfall leading to flooding and landslides, strong winds, and moderate waves affecting small marine vessels at sea. Residents in elevated areas should also be cautious of possible hail. /clorenciana

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu weather update, Pagasa, Pagasa Mactan

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.