Quake drills set

July 28,2015 - 01:35 AM

The Cebu Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRMO) will conduct more earthquake drills.

PDRRMO chief Baltazar Tribunalo, Jr. said the exercises will be held at the Museo Sugbo, Cebu Cultural Center, bus terminals, and 16 district hospitals.

These will be held after the first Provincial Search and Rescue Summit, which has been scheduled for this week, and the Charter Day next month.

Although the earthquake drill conducted last week went smoothly, Tribunalo said there were flaws that needed to be rectified. He did not elaborate.

He also said they still have to meet to make proper recommendations.

Tribunalo also said Provincial Administrator Marc Tolentino has suggested the crafting of an evacuation plan for the province-owned buildings./UP Cebu Intern Mary Claire U. Catado

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Baltazar Tribunalo, bus terminals, Cebu, Cebu City, Cebu Cultural Center, Charter Day, CPDRRMO, Museo Sugbo, PDRRMO, Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, Provincial Search and Rescue Summit, Quake drills set

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.