This is an information message
We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more here.
CEBU, Philippines — For many Filipinos, having a job no longer guarantees financial stability. Even as the country’s unemployment rate slightly improves, millions of workers still struggle to earn enough, forcing them to look for extra work…
MANILA, Philippines — The number of unemployed Filipinos dropped to 1.63 million in December from 1.66 million in November, as more people found jobs during the holiday season. This lowered the unemployment rate from 3.2% to 3.1%,…
CEBU CITY, Philippines —Following the shut down of a company in Mactan Export Processing Zone (MEPZ) in Lapu-Lapu City last month, at least 337 workers had been retrenched. Retrenchments like this can greatly affect the country. “When…
CEBU CITY, Philippines — A new initiative that aims to address climate change and unemployment in the Philippines has been launched in Cebu. On Wednesday, May 29, the Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST),…
MANILA, Philipines — The Philippine Statistics Authority reported Thursday that the number of unemployed Filipinos decreased in February to 1.8 million, down from 2.15 million in January. That brought the country’s unemployment rate to 3.5 percent, lower…
MANILA, Philippines — The jobless rate in the country rose in January to 4.5 percent from December’s record low of 3.1 percent. This increase was accompanied by a decrease in the number of people looking for jobs.…
CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City is looking into the possibility of giving tax amnesty as a form of reprieve to businesses following the P31 minimum wage increase in the region. Cebu City mayor Michael Rama said…
MANILA, Philippines — The number of jobless Filipinos increased to 3.76 million in June, equivalent to 7.7 percent of the labor force, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported on Tuesday. Although the number was up by 30,000…
MANILA, Philippines — Some 3.5 million workers have been displaced by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said Thursday, October 15, 2020. According to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, only…
CEBU CITY, Philippines— Militant labor group Alyansa sa mga Mamumuo sa Sugbo-Kilusang Mayo Uno (AMA Sugbo-KMU) has launched a signature campaign on Tuesday, July 21, 2020, calling on the government to provide P10,000 unemployment assistance to distressed…
Emelda Razon Aguillon, a massage therapist from Quezon City, lost her main source of income when the spa she had worked for suspended operations during the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Metro Manila due to the COVID-19…
MANILA, Philippines — While it was saddened over the “record-high” unemployment rate in April, Malacañang said Friday it was not surprising given the effect brought by the lockdown measures in Luzon. The unemployment rate climbed to 17.7 percent in…
This is an information message
We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more here.