THE man, who claimed to be Cebu-based businessman Peter Lim’s security guard and the one who received Lim’s subpoena from the Department of Justice (DOJ), is in trouble as the police plan to file a case against him for working without a permit.
Chief Supt. Jose Mario Espino, director of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas, said that Antonio Rosellosa, the man who claimed to be working as Lim’s security guard, violated provisions under the Republic Act 5487 or an act that regulates the organization and operation of security guard agencies.
“(Rosellosa) was violating RA 5487. I tasked the Regional Civil Security Unit to file a case against that person,” Espino said.
He said that Rosellosa is not registered to any agency as of the present.
Espino said that Rosellosa’s license has already expired since last year.
Lim wasn’t at home when a subpoena was served to him at his residence in Barangay Kasambagan, Cebu City, on August 1.
Operatives of the regional Criminal Investigative and Detection Group (CIDG-7) served the subpoena issued by the DOJ to Lim.
Chief Insp. Chuck Barandog said Lim was required to appear at the DOJ office in Manila on August 14 and 17.
Instead, it was Rosellosa who received the subpoena on Lim’s behalf. Rosellosa told CIDG that he is a security guard working under Lim.
“Pinapahanap natin siya. It’s very clear he presented himself as security guard when the subpoena was served,” Espino said.
Meanwhile, Espino said that as of yesterday they have not received any formal request for security from Lim for his appearance in DOJ on Monday.