PRO-7 on full alert status

By: Ador Vincent S. Mayol September 03,2016 - 12:58 PM
TALIÑO

TALIÑO

The Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) has been placed under full alert status following the bombing in a nigh market in Davao City that killed at least 14 persons.

Chief Supt. Noli Taliño, PRO-7 director, said he ordered numerous checkpoints and sent additional troops on the field to ensure the safety of the public.

“More police patrollers are now on the streets and places of convergence like malls, terminals, airport and seaports,” he said in an interview.

Taliño said they also conduct continuous monitoring to avert any terrorist attack.

So far, however, he said the regional police hasn’t received any threats from terrorist groups. However, Taliño said the police couldn’t be complacent.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.