Fire destroys two houses in Lapu

By: Norman V. Mendoza July 30,2017 - 02:57 PM

Lapu Lapu map

TWO houses were destroyed by fire at Barangay Pajo, Lapu-Lapu early Sunday morning.

The immediate response of firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring houses, SFO1 Climaco Salisid said. The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.

He said the fire originated at the house of Mark Tangke who said they were surprised when thick smoke and then flames spread quickly from their ceiling ang engulfed the house.

Tangke took his family out of the house for safety and called for assistance. The fire spread to the house of Tangke’s neighbor Aida Sodario. The Lapu-Lapu City Fire Central District received the alarm at 5:23 am and put out the fire at 7:35 am.

No one was hurt and damages were pegged at P180,000.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: destroys, fire, houses, Lapu, Two

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.