PCG-7: 5K passengers have so far left the ports of Cebu
CEBU CITY, Philippines – More than 5, 000 travellers already left the ports of Cebu as of 6 a.m. today, April 17, the Philippine Coast Guard in Central Visayas (PCG-7) reported.
Data posted on their Facebook page show that some 5, 418 passengers have left Cebu for neighboring provinces in a span of six hours from 12 midnight to 6 a.m. of Wednesday.
But the bulk of the travellers is yet to be arrive later today, said Lieutenant Junior Grade Michael John Encina, PCG-7 spokesperson.
“Yes, we’re expecting an increase po, kasi we have observed that dadami pa siya before mag Holy Friday kung saan mostly wala na ring magbabyahe. Starting today hanggang bukas (Maundy Thursday), talagang dadami pa yung pasahero sa ports natin,” Encina told CDN Digital in a phone interview.
Meanwhile, PCG – 7 is asking passengers to be at their designated port terminals a few hours ahead of their their departure schedules and to avoid from bringing contraband that would include sharp objects and alcoholic beverages.
Encina also discourage passengers from resorting to tapping the services of operators of unregistered motorbancas as an alternative means of transportation to avoid sea accidents.
“We are discouraging our travellers not to travel via colorum motorbancas kasi bawal po yun,” he added./dcb
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.