Bacayan fire: Lechon manok outlet razed, house damaged

By: Benjie B. Talisic April 20,2019 - 09:36 PM

Firefighters train their hose on a burning A roasted chicken outlet in Barangay Bacayan, Cebu City on April 20. |Marc Cosep

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A fire in late afternoon of Black Saturday destroyed a lechon manok (roasted chicken) outlet and damaged a house in Barangay Bacayan, Cebu City.

FO3 Ferlando Iban, fire investigator, told CDN Digital that the fire started at 4:10 p.m. and was put under control 14 minutes after they responded to the fire alarm.

Iban said that the short electric wires that were connected and used in the Mr. Liempo stall could have caused a short circuit and started the fire.

A nearby house, owned by Jacky de Guzman, was also damaged by the fire.

The space that was occupied by the Mr. Liempo outlet was owned by Juniver Magalso.

Iban estimated the damage to property at P5,000.

No one was hurt in the fire./dbs

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Bacayan, fire, Iban, lechon manok, Mr. Liempo

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.