Fire in Lapu-Lapu leaves 1 dead, 1 injured

By: Alven Marie A. Timtim, Paul Lauro September 23,2019 - 01:46 PM

The two-storey house of Inoferio Anhao was burned down in a fire on Monday morning, Deptember 23, 2019. | contributed photo

CEBU CITY, Philippines —A five-year-old boy perished while his father got injured in a fire that burned down a two-storey house in Sitio Proper, Barangay Agus, Lapu-Lapu City on Monday morning, September 23, 2019. 

Injured during the fire that was reported at 9:17 a.m. was Freddy Anhao, who got hurt while trying to save his child who was trapped inside the burning house. The child didn’t make it out alive. 

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) in Lapu-Lapu City said the possible cause of the fire is faulty electrical wiring.

The body of the five-year-old boy who perished in a fire in Lapu-Lapu on Monday, September 23, 2019, is covered with a blanket. | contributed photo

According to Fire Officer 1 Mildred Villaban, desk operator of Barangay Gun-on fire station, the estimated property damage on the house of Inoferio Anhao is at P120,000.

Inoferio is the uncle of Freddy.

The fire was put under control at 9:35 a.m. and was declared fire out at 10 a.m.

The house beside the Anhao residence was also partially damaged due to the fire. /bmjo

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Barangay Agus, child dies, fire, five-year-old boy, lapu-lapu, one dead, one injured

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.