90% of CPPO personnel already vaccinated

By: Pegeen Maisie M. Sararaña - Multimedia Reporter - CDN Digital | September 14,2021 - 03:04 PM

CCPO Director Engelbert Soriano | File Photo

CEBU CITY, Philippines — At least 90% of the 2,232 police personnel in the Cebu Police Provincial Office have already received their COVID-19 vaccines, the province’s top police official said.

Of this number, at least 60% already completed their doses while 30% had their first jab, said Police Colonel Engelbert Soriano, CPPO director.

This means that more or less 2,008 personnel got their COVID-19 vaccines already.

Soriano said that the remaining 10% or around 224 policemen are those who have comorbidities while some preferred not to be vaccinated.

“Medyo mahirap mag 100% kasi yung iba may conditions na hindi talaga papayag ang doctor na bakunahan,” Soriano said.

(It would be difficult for us to achieve 100% since we have personnel who have existing health conditions that their doctors would not allow them to be vaccinated.)

Soriano also revealed that those who refused to be vaccinated were made to sign a waiver since inoculation against COVID-19 is not mandatory.

Soriano also clarified that no administrative action will be taken against those who refused to be vaccinated but repeated his appeal to his men to get jabbed.

“Ang tanging paraan po ay bakuna at pangalawang paraan na maganda ay stay healthy at alagaan po ang rating immune system and of course exercise. Last but not the least, ipagdasal natin ang isat-isa,” he added.

(The only way is to be vaccinated. The second way is to stay healthy and take good care of our immune system and of course exercise. Last but not the least, let’s pray for each other’s safety.)

Soriano further said that as of today, at least three CPPO cops have tested positive to the virus. He added that they are already isolated and most are asymptomatic.

Meanwhile, 95% of the personnel from the Cebu City Police Office are already vaccinated. The remaining 5% are those who have comorbidities. The CCPO has around 1,200 personnel.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, deputy director for operations of CCPO, said that as of today, they have at least 11 personnel who contracted COVID-19. He added that most of them are asymptomatic and are currently isolated.

Parilla also revealed that Persons Under Police Custody (PUPC) detained at the CCPO detention cell who tested positive for COVID-19 were already turned over to the Cebu City Jail.

READ:

Cebu City cops willing to get COVID-19 vaccines

Soriano to Cebu cops: Register for vaccination with your LGUs

At least 400 CCPO personnel to receive COVID-19 vaccines soon

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: CCPO, Cebu City, Cebu province, COVID-19, COVID-19 cases, CPPO, policemen, positive cops, vaccinated policemen, vaccination

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.