Rama: No signal shutdown this weekend, SRP final Sinulog venue
CEBU CITY, Philippines– There will be no signal shutdown in Cebu City during the 458th Fiesta Señor and One Cebu Island Sinulog 2023 this weekend.
This was the decision of Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama in a follow-up interview with reporters on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, despite recommendations from the police to ensure peace and order during the two grand celebrations.
Moreover, Rama said that the final venue for the Sinulog grand festival would be the South Road Properties (SRP).
“I am not happy. I have not been told, and I did not request (for a signal shutdown),” he told reporters in a phone interview on Tuesday.
Rama said Cebu City Police Office Director Police Col. Ireneo Dalogdog visited him earlier this morning, January 10, to talk about the signal shutdown recommendation.
“My position has always been against disconnection. Nag promote gud ko’g connectivity, unya disconnection na nuon. I think aware na atong regional director ana. As far as I am concerned, there should be no cutting off of communication,” he said.
Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) Brigadier General Jerry Bearis, for his part, said the mayor has the final say on whether or not to implement the temporary signal shutdown on January 14 and 15.
The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) has already granted PRO-7’s request for a temporary signal shutdown to be implemented as a security measure over the weekend.
Temporary signal shutdown unnecessary – Garganera
Rama has the final say on temporary signal shutdown, says PRO-7 director
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.