Manhunt on for suspects in fatal mauling of Nigerian in Mandaue
Nigerian victim was accused of sexually harassing Chinese national
MANDAUE CITY, Cebu—A manhunt operation was launched against those responsible for allegedly mauling a Nigerian national who later died in a hospital here.
According to the Mandaue City Police Office, the Nigerian was turned over by a Chinese and other six individuals to the desk officer at the Mandaue City Police Station 1 on Saturday, October 21, 2023, because of allegedly sexually harassing a Chinese national.
Police is withholding the identities of the Nigerian and the Chinese involved.
Police said the Nigerian had severe injuries when he was brought to the police station, which is why he was brought to the Mandaue District Hospital by CDRRMO personnel.
He was later referred to a private hospital but was declared dead on arrival by an attending physician.
The Mandaue City Police Office had already created a Special Investigation Task Group composed of investigators from City Investigation and Detective Management Unit and Operatives of City Intelligence Unit to identify and apprehend individuals involved in the mauling incident.
A manhunt and comprehensive investigation were also launched to figure out the mauling incident that happened in Barangay Alang-Alang.
Moreover, the police already distributed the photos of the suspects to the airports and seaports to deter any attempt of escape.
“Mandaue City Police Office stands in solidarity with the victim and their family, offering our support during this challenging period. In our pursuit of justice, we urge our community members to join hands with us by cooperating with the ongoing investigation and providing any relevant information”, said MCPO Director Police Colonel Maribel Getigan.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.