3 houses burn in Mactan

By: Norman V. Mendoza April 09,2015 - 01:54 AM

Overheated outlet may have caused fire in barangay Gungob

Eight families were displaced after a fire gutted three homes in Osmeña Street, barangay Gun-ob, Lapu-Lapu City at 8 a.m. yesterday.

The houses made of light materials were burned down in less than an hour.

Nobody was reported injured.

The houses were owned by Juanita Degolacion, Antonio Tindog and Joel Berdin.

Firefighters put out the fire at 9:06 a.m.

SFO1 Climaco Salisid said a witness identified as Joel Berdin reported that the  fire started at the bedroom of one of the occupants.

Initial reports said the fire was caused by an overheated outlet.

Property damage was estimated at  P100,000.

Another fire broke out in a building in the compound of Bigfoot Studios in barangay Mactan several minutes after the Gun-ob fire.

SFO1 Atelano Berido said a loose connection in the technical support room in one of the company’s buildings caused the fire.

No one was reported hurt.

Damage was pegged at  P1,000.

Bigfoot Studios provides   production services, for filmmakers and production houses.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS:

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.