cdn mobile

Fire destroys 6 houses

April 28,2016 - 10:50 PM

Six houses were destroyed by fire that broke out yesterday in Highway Tagunol, Sitio Wetland, Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City.

SF04 Roylin Maratas of the Cebu City Fire Department said the fire may have been caused by a lighted mosquito coil, which could have been left unattended while the occupants of one of the six houses were sleeping.

Maratas said they were checking reports that the fire started at Elena Alicante’s house. It quickly spread to neighboring houses which were made of light materials.

Maratas said Alicante’s son told fire investigators that the family placed a lighted mosquito coil near some clothes at a corner of their room before they went to sleep.

The son said they were awakened by the heat of the fire at 2:30 a.m. and only managed to save themselves.

The son said all their belongings were lost to the fire.

The fire, which was raised only to first alarm, was put under control after 15 minutes. No one was hurt, said Maratas.
Damage was estimated at P30,000.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City, Cebu City Fire Department

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.