Cops nab suspect, ready rob charges
Police are set to file charges against the three suspects in last week’s Bingo Boutique robbery in Barangay Tabok, Mandaue City.
Roy Deiparine, 31, of Barangay Pagsabungan, Mandaue City, and his two unidentified cohorts will be charged with robbery on Monday, said Supt. Melbert Esguerra of the Investigation and Detection Management Branch (IDMB) of Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO).
Esguerra said Deiparine was arrested during a follow-up operation at least 12 hours after two armed men robbed the Bingo Boutique inside the Insular Mall at 4:30 a.m. and fled with at least P68,000 in cash.
Deiparine was detained at the Mandaue City Police detention cell pending the filing of charges tomorrow.
Esguerra said security guards of the mall identified Deiparine, who was seen at the Insular Mall parking lot, as the lookout as his two cohorts robbed the boutique.
Deiparine denied the robbery allegations against him.
The boutique manager said that two men, who pretended to be customers, pulled out guns when they were inside the boutique.
They disarmed the security guard, herded the guard and two other employees in one of the rooms of the establishment, cleaned out the cash in the cashier’s booth and fled.
Esguerra said they are still conducting a hot pursuit operation against the two other suspects.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.