Fire damages house in Guadalupe

By: Lesley Cara Delos Santos November 22,2016 - 02:39 PM
Firemen inspect the second floor of the two-storey house (CDN PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA).

Firemen inspect the second floor of the two-storey house (CDN PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA).

The second floor of a two-storey house in Upper San George, Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City was destroyed by fire after an electrical wiring in one of the rooms shortcircuited on Tuesday.

The fire alarm was reported around 10:45 a.m. but took 45 minutes to put out as firetrucks were unable to climb the hilly landscape of the area.

Residents then formed a bucket brigade from Caballes Compound to the house located in Upper San George to help firemen put out the fire.

According to SFO2 Leo Magallon of the Cebu City Fire Station, the fire originated from inside the room of Allan Banate, the brother of the house’s owner, Andrew Banate.

Fire investigators estimated cost of damage at P10,000.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: burn, caballes compound, cebu city fire statiom, fire, floor, House, magallon, storey

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.