Dengue cases down in November, says PHO

December 14,2016 - 10:10 PM
Barangay Parian, Cebu City is reported has the most number of dengue cases. (CDN PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA)

Barangay Parian, Cebu City is reported has the most number of dengue cases. (CDN PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA)

THE Cebu Provincial Health Office (PHO) reported a decline in dengue cases in a span of one month from October to November this year.

Records from the PHO showed that there were 785 dengue cases in November compared to 1,559 last October.

The PHO declared a dengue outbreak during the month of October due to the surge in dengue cases.

The declaration resulted to the implementation of anti-dengue programs and activities, such as fogging, information dissemination about dengue in the municipalities and cities within the Cebu province.

Dr. Niño Ismael Pastor, PHO chief on public health, said that even with the decrease in dengue cases last month, the year 2016 has the higher number of dengue cases with 8,218 from January to November compared to last year of the same period with 2,461 cases. /USJ-R Comm Interns Jheysel Ann Tangaro and Vanisa Soriano

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu, Cebu Provincial Health Office, decline, dengue, fogging, information dissemination, mosquito, PHO

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.