HELLO, darlings! Spring is here, and it’s not only the flowers that need to get blooming.
We’re lucky to be living in this day and age of flash technology, where products get upgraded at the blink of an eye. When you read up on all the latest beauty loot below, you can’t help but wonder what they’ll think of next! So get your online shopping face ready, take out those credit cards, and I’ll bet you you’ll be ordering away by the end of this article. Here are the Top 10 products I’m excited about for 2017:
1. Dyson hair dryer — We all know Dyson for their hi-tech cleaning machines, but they’ve gone a step further and created hair dryer that is as quiet as they come. With three precise speed settings and four precise heat settings, this gadget is going to revolutionize your blowout, not to mention make your husbands very happy. An even better idea — tell him to get you one if he wants to be able to hear anything while you’re doing your hair!
2. Avene or L’Oreal Micellar water — Cleansing oil is a thing of the past, you can say goodbye to that greasy, sticky feeling in this humid tropical climate of ours. These days girls in the know are using Micellar water, which feels literally just like water but deep cleans your face of all gunk — from makeup to waterproof lipstick, deep-seated dirt and whatever else. No need to go anywhere near the sink! Just swipe that dirt away with a
cotton ball and crash into bed.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Dry Sheet Mask — You know how using those individually wrapped face masks can get super messy? Here’s a mask that’s completely dry, like a sheet of paper. There’s a thing to put on your ears to keep it in place, and the idea is to massage your face for about 30 seconds before the product comes out of the sheet and onto your skin — everything you need from hydration to brightness to smoothness and lift. And you can use it up to three times, which is more than you can say for your messy mask.
4. Cutex BB Nail Concealer — When you’re always getting your nails polished, you know very well that there are periods where you need them to rest and breathe. But you can’t exactly go around with yellow, brittle nails no matter how clean they are. So this BB nail concealer is infused with vitamins to help your nails recover from damage, but hides any discoloration under a healthy, pinkish hue. Nice!
5. L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask — For those of you with oily roots, this clay-texture mask absorbs all that excess oil so that you can clean your tresses properly. Just massage into your scalp for five minutes, and when rinsed out, your roots are completely clear and the ends much softer. Who wouldn’t be a fan?
6. Shiseido Synchro Skin Glow — How about a foundation so smart that it knows your skin better than you do? Yes, sounds unbelievable. But this fluid foundation (with SPF 20, mind you) has a special sensing technology that gets in sync with your complexion and adjusts itself throughout the day as your oil levels — and stress levels — change. So you’ll always have that gorgeous glow and just the right level of hydration.
7. Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick — We’ve all used waterproof lipstick, and long-wearing lipstick, but this baby is transfer-proof too. That means, once that color is on your lips, it ain’t going nowhere. No lipstick marks on your teacup, bf’s face, or whatever. And it comes in 30 shades, so you’ll definitely find your perfect match.
8. Murad MattEffect Blotting Perfector — This little gem is a cushion compact that contains a serum that immediately absorbs grease, perfect for those besieged with oily skin. It dries down to a clear, velvety finish and goes over your makeup without messing up your perfect blending and contouring. You know that saying “oiliness is next to ugliness.”
9. Tweezerman Expertweeze Lighted Slant Tweezer — Even when you tweeze your brows during the day, it can sometimes get difficult to see what you’re doing. This tweezer has a built in LED light and is slanted in such a way that it makes it easier to catch those little buggers of hair strands. How did we even survive without this?
10. HiMirror — Okayyy so I saved the best for last. The Hi Mirror is a data-protected smart mirror that not only analyzes your skin but also suggests a customized skincare routine, offer beauty tips and track progress. I am totally sold on this one! Check it out on amazon.com. I don’t know what my credit card bill is going to look like after this rampage, but hey — your best investment is and will always be yourself. As that famous brand tagline goes, “Because I’m Worth It.”
Cheers and tell me your kikay stories on [email protected] or tweet @MiaZamora116.