Fire destroys 10 houses, damages 5 in Labangon
ABOUT 10 houses were destroyed while five others were damaged by a fire that hit Sitio Shang-rila 2 in El Salvador Extension, Barangay Labangon, Cebu City at past noon yesterday.
Fire Investigator Alberto Jagdon Jr. said the fire was caused by electrical misuse at the home of a certain Francisco Basan.
The fire spread to the other houses and a warehouse. The firefighters arrived in the area 30 minutes after receiving the alarm.
The fire was put out after 15 minutes. Jagdon said the narrow road prevented them from putting out the fire sooner.
No one was hurt in the incident. One of the fire victims carried her son on seeing the fire spread through her house.
Nagiel Bañacia, chief of the Cebu City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, said the fire victims will be housed temporarily at the Labangon barangay gym.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.