Davide urges Duterte to continue war on drugs

By: Intern August 14,2017 - 07:29 PM

(CDN FILE PHOTO/JUNJIE MENDOZA)

CEBU Governor Hilario Davide III said that the Philippine’s problem on illegal drugs can’t be completely eradicated, but assured that the cases have been reduced significantly.

Davide’s comments came after President Rodrigo Duterte said last week that the illegal drug trade in the country remains ‘out of hand’.

Davide said he understood Duterte’s point, considering the troubling nature of the illegal drug trade.

“Supplies may have reduced but there are still instances after the death of a supplier, new players arise,” Davide told local reporters at the Cebu Provincial Capitol on Monday morning.

Despite the apparent dismay of the president, Davide hopes he would still continue the fight against illegal drugs.

Davide added that the nation has seen results of Duterte’s campaign.

Even before Duterte won the presidency in May 2016, he already promised to eradicate the illegal drug problem in the Philippines.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu‬, Hilario Davide III, illegal drug trade, Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, shabu, War on drugs

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.