3k cops to secure Sinulog 2018

By: Nestle L. Semilla December 28,2017 - 07:48 PM

Around 3,000 policemen will be deployed to secure the Sinulog celebration says Police Regional Office (PRO-7).

This was agreed during the Task Group Sinulog 2018 meeting with the PRO-7 and the Cebu City Police Office, yesterday morning.

According to Police Regional Office-7 (PRO-7) director Chief Supt. Jose Mario Espino, they have enough personnel to cover the whole duration of the event.

Espino said that they felt the need to increase police deployment based on their assessment from last year.

“We saw that last year, we lack police deployment and crowd control that is why added more police augmentation,” said Espino.

The added numbers will help maintain peace and order, especially along the Sinulog routes where liquor and parties are banned.

“This will serve as a reminder that the police will strictly implement rules laid out for the Sinulog,” said Espino.

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: 2018, celebration, cops, office, Polcie, regional, says, secure, Sinulog

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.