Location of firecracker zones, fireworks display zones in Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu
The Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue City Police offices released the lists of firecracker zones and fireworks display zones in their respective barangays.
Barangay Agus identified seven Community Fireworks Display Areas namely:
– Sitio Proper, in front of Cebu Wonderland Shooting Range
– Sitio Malinao beside Pawod
– Sitio Agus Gamay in front of Bahia Resort
– Sitio Atabay at the Basketball court
– Sitio Ibabao beside Mactan Isla Resort and Casino
– Sitio Guisi at the Basketball court
-Sitio Bunga in front of CKI Homes.
Barangay Babag has three identified areas namely:
– Purok Judas Belt in front of Tacan Mercado
– Purok Butterfly beside the Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish Church
– Purok Thunder besides Mactan Countryhomes
Barangay Bankal has three identified areas namely:
– The basketball court at the back of Barangay Hall
– Open lot of Camella Homes Phase 1
– The open lot of Mahayahay near MCWD reservoir.
Barangay Baring has only one area along the shoreline while Barangay Buaya designated Zone 2 Eskina area-Shoreline.
In Barangay Calawisan, the following areas are designated as firecracker zones:
– Zones Pansat, Lambay, Lato vacant lot beside Terri Brown
– Zone Imbao and Litob vacant lot in front of Willy Tajanlangit residence
– Zones Sunlot and Kasag basketball court
Barangay Canjulao’s designated zone is at Gothong wharf while Barangay Caw-oy’s designated zone is beside barangay hall near the beach of Bonbon.
In Barangay Gun-ob, the designated zone is located is 300 meters away from the District Hospital and Barangay hall area.
Residents can light up their frackers at the dumpsite area and the vacant lot at Vistamar Sta. Lucia Realty in Barangay Mactan.
Barangay Pajac’s designated zone is Sitio Bukid-bukid, which is in front of Camella Homes while Pangan-an’s firecracker zone is at the fishpond area. Barangay Talima chose the space in front of Talima Barangay Hall as the designated zone.
Barangay Sabang’s designated firecracker zones are as follows:
– Sitio Proper Tuburan basketball court
– Stage of San Roque Chapel.
– Sitio Suba basketball court
– Sitio Tunga Basketball court
– Proper Sabang beside Barangay Complex
– Sitio San Isidro I and II between plaza area and Sabang
The rest of the barangays in Lapu-Lapu City have not submitted their designated firecracker zones.
Only two barangays submitted their designated zones in Mandaue City.
The vacant lot near Dedon is the designated zone in Barangay Canduman while the area near UCLM is the designated zone in Barangay Looc.
President Rodrigo Duterte signed on June 20, 2017, Executive Order (EO 28) which confined the use of firecrackers to what was called as “community fireworks display.”
The EO states that the use of firecrackers will be regulated through community fireworks display to minimize the risk of injuries and casualties.
EO 28 is pursuant to Republic Act 7183, an act which regulates and controls the manufacture, sale, distribution, and use of firecrackers and other pyrotechnic devices
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.