Three die in Manila Pavilion fire – official
THREE people died and several others were hurt when fire broke out at the Manila Pavilion hotel Sunday morning, an official of the Manila Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO) said.
MDRRMO Director Johnny Yu said that a total of 23 were injured so far from the blaze that reportedly started at the second floor of the hotel-casino.
They were all rushed to the Manila Doctors Hospital, the Manila Medical Center, and the Ospital ng Maynila, he said.
It was earlier reported that four died due to the fire, but Jojo Garcia, acting MMDA General Manager, said one of them was revived.
Yu identified two of the fatalities as Jun Evangelista, treasury officer; and Billy de Castro, intern security.
The MDRRMO official said that the two were declared dead on arrival after suffering from suffocation.
“Based sa report kasi, maybe these are the two responders or ito yung dalawang unang nakakita nung apoy (they were the first to spot the fire),” Yu said.
“So natrap ‘yan malamang, nagkaroon ng suffocation, nailabas, dinala sa hospital, dead on arrival,” he added.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.