Motel guest quenches thirst, falls ill

By Norman V. Mendoza |February 28,2014 - 12:50 PM

A 42-YEAR-OLD widow fell ill after she allegedly ingested contaminated water inside a motel  in Lapu-Lapu City yesterday.

The woman,  who is allegedly from Moalboal town, vomitted blood after drinking from a mineral water bottle which her companion, a 23-year-old man, took from the motels refrigerator.
Police said the two checked into the motel at midnight.

They were about to check out at around 4 a.m. when the woman asked her companion to get her a  bottle of mineral water from the refrigerator.

A few seconds after drinking the contents of the water bottle, the woman complained of  soreness in her throat and started vomiting.

Police from the homicide section of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office went to the motel to investigate the incident.

The bottle of  water is now being examined at  the PNP Crime Laboratory, police said.

Plastic seal

Police said it was  not clear if the plastic seal of the bottled water  was intact before the victim consumed its contents.

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.