Unattended burning grass causes fire in Argao

By: Micah Sophia C. Marcellones, Paul Lauro April 18,2019 - 10:40 AM

A house was burned down in Argao on Tuesday night, April 17, 2019. | photo from Argao Fire Station

(Updated) Cebu City, Philippines —A house made of light materials was burned down in a fire in Barangay Lamacan in Argao town, southern Cebu, on Wednesday evening, April 17, 2019.

The Argao Fire station received the alarm  at 7:03 p.m and was declared fire out at 8:31 p.m.

No one was hurt in the fire.

According to officials of the Argao Fire Station, the house belonged to couple Pedrito and Florita Pontillas.

Acting Argao Fire Marshal Inspector Jovito Abelgas said the fire started from dried grass and coconut husk that were being burned and left unattended at the side portion of the house.

Abelgas it was the couple’s nephew, Jesson Pontillas, who lit the pile of dried grass.

The fire’s damage was pegged at P20,000. /bmjo

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.