outbrain

Daanbantayan logs 15 new cases, active cases back to 18

By: Rosalie O. Abatayo - CDN Digital | July 30,2020 - 01:18 PM

The umber of active cases in Daanbantayan climbed back to 18 after it recorded 15 additional cases on July 30.

CEBU CITY, Philippines  — After its active COVID-19 cases dropped to as low as one in the past week, the northernmost Cebu town of Daanbantayan reported an additional 15 new infections on Thursday, July 30, 2020, raising its total active back to 18 and its total cases climbing to 36.

The new patients are close contacts of the three cases earlier reported on Monday, July 27.

Daanbantayan Patient no. 22 is a two-year-old girl who had a recent close contact with Patient no. 19, a 30-year-old female from Barangay Pajo.

The other 14 new cases are close contacts of Daanbantayan Patient no. 20.  Of the 14, 13 individuals are from Barangay Poblacion while one is from Barangay Pajo.

Daanbantayan Patient 23-36:

  • DB Patient 23 – 9 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 24 – 14 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 25 – 10 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 26 – 16 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 27 – 40 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 28 – 18 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 29 – 12 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 30 – 10 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 31 – 4 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 32 – 36 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 33 – 20 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 34 – 66 years old, female, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 35 – 9 years old, male, Poblacion
  • DB Patient 36 – 57 years old, female, Pajo

In an advisory, the local government units said Patient no. 22, 32, and 34 are symptomatic while the rest remains to be asymptomatic or are not showing symptoms of the infection.

“Naka isolate na ang mga naasoy nga pasyente ug kasamtangang gipahigayon ang contact tracing sa pinaghiusang pwersa sa Municipal Health Unit, Daanbantayan Police Station ug Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office,” the LGU said in the advisory.

(The patient is isolated and contact tracing is being done in a joint effort between the Municipal Health Unit, Daanbantayan Police Station, and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.)

Patient no. 21, the third confirmed case reported on Monday, remains asymptomatic. The LGU said his close contacts have been identified and are now under isolation.

 On the other hand, Daanbatayan Patient no. 18, who was the only active case in the town last week, has already been discharged from isolation after being declared as recovered.

At present, Daanbantayan has 36 total confirmed cases with 18 active cases, 17 recoveries and 1 death. /bmjo

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.