CCPO supports reopening of cockpit arenas
CEBU CITY, Philippines —The Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) said it supports the Cebu City Gamefowl Commission’s proposal to reopen cockpit arenas as long as they abide with health protocols.
CCPO chief Police Colonel Josefino Ligan said that he supports the initiative lobbied by the gamefowl commission to reopen legitimate arenas as these will help lessen the violators of illegal gambling and also help boost the city’s economy.
“Okay kay na siya kay makahatag man na og dugang kita sa atong syudad pinaagi sa tax,” he said.
(It’s okay since it will give additional income to our city through taxes.)
“Kaning mahilig kaayo’g sabong og manok, adto na sila magpahigayon didto, sa mga legitimate o legal nga mga arena.” he added.
(Those who are fond of cockfighting, they can go to the legitimate or legal arenas.)
However, Ligan clarified that despite their support on this proposal, he reminded operators that health protocols set by the Interagency Task Force (IATF) should be in place first.
“Ang pag open pod ani is provided nga musunod sa lagda sa IATF,” he said.
(The opening is provided that they will follow strict IATF protocols.)
It was previously reported that city operating units apprehended 52 violators of illegal gambling from March 1 to 7. Their data revealed illegal cockfighting with the most apprehensions.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.