Electrocuted dove interrupts power in Pasil, Suba precincts
CEBU CITY, Philippines — An electrocuted dove was the cause of a power interruption in Barangays Suba and Pasil here on Monday morning, May 9.
Authorities confirmed that power went out for approximately 30 minutes at Pasil Night High School which served as a polling center for voters in the two coastal villages.
Nenita Nacional, principal of Pasil Night High School, told reporters that the incident occurred at 7:47 a.m. and affected a total of 21 precincts.
Nacional said that they heard an explosion shortly before the power went down in their school.
Fortunately, the power interruption did not severely affect the electoral process there, and voters went on in casting their ballots, as emergency generator sets were immediately deployed, she added.
Electricity returned on the site at 8:34 a.m.
In a separate interview, Quennie Sanchez-Bronce, spokesperson of power utility firm Visayan Electric, said that the power interruption in Pasil Night High School was due to an electrocuted dove.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.