Fires minutes apart strike Cebu City
Two fire incidents struck Cebu City yesterday destroying a storage room of a house and a taxicab.
The first incident happened at past 2 p.m. when fire suspected to have been sparked by faulty electrical wiring struck the house of Gina Yap at Espina Village in barangay Guadalupe.
SFO1 Emiliano Dano, arson investigator, said they received the alarm at 2:32 p.m.
“Before ang sunog nahitabo, nag kid-op kid-op ang mga suga sa tibook nga balay unya ni kayo na dayon (Before the fire broke out, the house lights flickered),” Dano said.
A storage room of Yaps house was destroyed while the roof of a neighbor’s house was slightly damaged.
Dano estimated the damage at P100,000.
Dano said that the area was accessible and they were able to put out the fire in five minutes.
One of Yap’s househelp told Cebu Daily News that the house owner was out of town, and only the househelpers were left in the house.
A few minutes later at 2:45 p.m.,fire gutted a taxicabat Natalio Bacalso Ave.
Jennifer Superales, 33 driver of an RP Corominas Taxi, said that he was cruising along Natalio Bacalso Ave. with a female passenger when he noticed something burning.
Superales said he pulled over and told his passenger to get out of the cab.
The fire ignited when Superales tried to remove the cab’s battery.
“Nikalit man hinoon ug sunog. Nidagan ko sa may fire station para mag patabang (The fire suddenly started. I ran to the fire station nearby to ask for help,” he said.
Superales said the firemen were able to control fire at 3 p.m. The taxicab was completely destroyed.
The incident caused causing a minor traffic in the area.
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.