How to apply for a police clearance
CEBU CITY, Philippines — Applying for a police clearance is now made easier and more convenient than ever through the online application prepared by the Philippine National Police.
The police clearance certificate is an official document that shows any criminal record or charges of an individual that he or she may have. It serves as a vouching document for a person’s clean criminal record which is usually required for employment, immigration, and other purposes.
Here are other possible reasons why you would need a police clearance:
- Applying for annual civil service exam
- Registering firearms
- Applying for credit card
- Applying for government-issued documents such as birth certificate
Individuals that are at least 18 years old may apply for police clearance in the Philippines.
And with the establishment of the National Police Clearance System (NCPS), the process is now easier and much faster.
The NCPS is a public online portal that offers “nationwide issuance of police clearance through online application which seeks to improve the process for criminal records check.”
Through this, persons seeking to get their criminal clearance can easily do so without leaving the comforts of their own homes.
Here is the simple procedure to apply for police clearance anytime and anywhere:
STEP 1: Online Registration and Appointment Setting
A. Visit the https://pnpclearance.ph to access the system.
- For first time applicants, Account Registration is required. Fill up the necessary information in order to create an account. Said information will be used as reference in the log-in process. (Take note that an existing or active personal email account is required. And make sure to remember your account and password.)
- Log-in to your email address. Check your inbox for Email Confirmation and click the message from NPCS to verify your registered account. (Take note that there are instances that the email conformation will not appear on your inbox. In cases like this, check the email confirmation on your spam messages.)
- Click the link to continue. You will then be directed to the website’s log-in page.
- Sign-in using the email address and password that was used during the registration process.
C. Clearance Application
After signing-in, the primary details of your profile will be displayed. You may now edit your profile.
- Edit Your Profile
- Click on the Edit Profile Button
- Supply all other needed information required for the transaction
- Review and check if there are misspelled information
- Click Save Profile.
2. Set an Appointment
- Click the Application of Clearance button to start.
- Choose the Police Station where you will process the transaction or get your clearance.
- Select the date, either AM or PM, from the list of available schedules.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Click Land Bank of the Philippines button and Save Appointment
- Save or Note the generated Reference Number
- Click Pay to Land Bank button to proceed to payment
STEP 2: Online Payment
You will be directed to LBP ePayment Portal website for the payment process.
Here are the available payment options:
- Via LBP ATM
- Via G-cash
- Via BancNet Cards.
Follow the process needed for LBP payment process. Enter the Account Number and PIN and wait for the transaction details and payment summary to display.
STEP 3: Photo and Fingerprint Capture
- Applicants can proceed to the selected Police Station on his/her scheduled date. Present the following requirements to the Police Station.
- Two (2) valid issued IDs
- Reference Number
- Official Receipt of payment
2. Before the release of Clearance, applicant shall be required to have his/her biometrics, signature and photo captured.
STEP 4: Release of Clearance
- For without “Hit”: After completion of steps 1 to 3, wait for your name to be called for the release of your clearance.
- For with “Hit”: Wait for the advice or instruction of the Verification Officer for verification process.
- Once settled, clearance will be released.
If you are applying for a National Police Clearance online, you will need to pay a total of P160 (P150 for clearance fee and P10 for transaction fee).
However, if you are a first-time job seeker, you may avail the benefits of the Republic Act 11260 or the First Time Job Seeker Assistance Act. This allows applicants to avail the service for free by presenting a barangay certification proving that you are a first-time job seeker.
Getting a police clearance is now more efficient due to the simple process done online. So if you’re in need of applying for your police clearance whether for work or other purposes, you might want to check out the steps first for a convenient and hassle-free experience.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.