cdn mobile

Man electrocuted while painting hotel facade in Lapu-Lapu City

By: Futch Anthony Inso - CDN Digital Correspondent | April 23,2024 - 06:30 AM


LAPU-LAPU CITY, Cebu — A 45-year-old man sustained an injury after he was electrocuted while painting the top facade of a hotel in Sitio Mustang, Baranngay Pusok in Lapu-Lapu City, on Monday morning, April 22, 2024.

The victim was identified as Edward Manolong, a welder/painter and a resident of Barangay Ibo.

Based on the initial investigation of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office, while the victim was painting the top facade of the hotel, the handle of his paintbrush accidentally touched the electric line.

The victim was electrocuted, but fortunately, he was conscious and able to ask for help.

Personnel of the Lapu-Lapu City Rescue team, and from the Bureau of Fire Protection, rescued the victim who was later transported to Lapu-Lapu City District Hospital for immediate medical attention.

Currently, the victim is in stable condition, while the hotel management has promised to assist him with his medication.


2 persons electrocuted while installing internet antenna in Maguindanao Sur

Man found lifeless, electrocuted in Batangas

10-year-old kid dies of electrocution in Talisay City

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: electrocuted, Lapu-Lapu City

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.