Lineman electrocuted in Mandaue, suffer second degree burns, recuperating at hospital

Mary Rose Sagarino 01/13/2022

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — A 36-year-old lineman is recuperating at the hospital after he suffered second degree burns when he was electrocuted while repairing power lines in Sitio Sudlon, Barangay Maguikay, Mandaue City on Thursday morning, January…

Man dies after he got electrocuted while climbing electric post in Minglanilla

Mae Fhel Gom-os and Paul Lauro 08/19/2021

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu — A 52-year-old man died after he got electrocuted while climbing to the top of an electric post in Barangay Tulay in the town of Minglanilla in southern Cebu at past 8 a.m. on…

No foul play in death of father, son — Tuburan police

Pegeen Maisie M. Sararana and Paul Lauro 08/10/2021

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Tuburan police said they found no evidence that would point to foul play in the death of a father and his son who were electrocuted in Tuburan town on Sunday, August 8, Police…

Man dies after being electrocuted while picking mangoes in Mandaue

Mary Rose Sagarino 08/05/2021

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — A man died after he got electrocuted while picking mangoes in Sitio Kabulihan, Barangay Pagsabungan in Mandaue City around 10 a.m on Thursday, August 5, 2021. The Mandaue City Disaster Risk Reduction Management…

Man electrocuted after climbing electric post in Mandaue City

Alven Marie Timtim and Paul Lauro 02/09/2020

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A still unidentified man was electrocuted after he climbed an electric post in Sitio Tamarin in Barangay Umapad, Mandaue City around 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 9, 2020. Senior Fire Officer 1 Noel…

DOLE-7 orders work stoppage at Lapu-Lapu City construction site

Irene R. Sino Cruz 08/07/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines–The Department of Labor and Employment in Central Visayas issued a work stoppage order (WSO) at a construction site in Lapu-Lapu City after two workers were electrocuted Friday last week. DOLE-7 Regional Director Salome Siaton…

Fatal rescue in Alcantara: Two brothers electrocuted after freeing sister from grounded barbed wire

Nestle Semilla and Benjie Talisic 08/21/2018

It was a tragic Tuesday (August 21) for the Tabanao family in Alcantara town in southern Cebu after two members of the family were electrocuted while trying to rescue their sister who touched a grounded barbed wire…

Mother, son electrocuted in Carcar city

Benjie B. Talisic 05/18/2018

A woman and her son were electrocuted at Sitio Upper Cogon in Barangay Poblacion I, Carcar City, Cebu past 8 p.m. Thursday, May 17. The victims were identified as Ana Marie Alibo and Christian Alibo, 13, a…

Man trimming coconut leaves electrocuted

Rene Alima 01/05/2018

A 46-year-old farmer was electrocuted on top of a coconut tree in Barangay Looc, Santander town, Cebu on Thursday afternoon. The man was identified as Elominado Nero. According to PO1 Jericho Señagan, desk officer of Santander Police,…

Hubby, 49, electrocuted at his aunt’s wake

Rene Alima 12/02/2017

A MAN was electrocuted at the wake of his aunt on Friday in Barangay Poblacion, Aloguinsan, a southwestern town 59 km from Cebu City. Reneboy Biton, 33, died after he rushed in to save his wife, Remalie…

Elderly electrocuted in Toledo

CNU Intern Shaira Marie Rama 06/08/2017

A 68-YEAR-OLD woman was electrocuted after touching a live wire in Sitio Tapon, Barangay Matab-ang, Toledo City at around 6 a.m. on Wednesday. Remedios Plarisan, a widow, was reportedly cleaning her house when she touched a live…

Construction worker electrocuted

Intern 02/18/2017

A 27-year-old construction worker died of electrocution and fell off a roof of a school in Janssen site, Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City around 1 a.m. yesterday. Jonathan Palpita, a construction worker who hailed from Barangay…

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.