Ex-Con gunned down

By: Rene Alima November 14,2015 - 01:00 AM

A 39-YEAR-OLD man who was previously convicted on  drug charges was gunned down in barangay Tungkop, Minglanilla town, southern Cebu.

Police said no one saw who shot Cesar Bacus. He was  found slumped on the ground with a gunshot wound in the head.

Police said gunshots rang out around 2 a.m. in the area.

An empty shell for a .45 caliber pistol was recovered from the crime scene.

Senior Insp. Franco Rudolf Oriol said the victim’s relatives told investigators the man had once confided that he failed to remit the proceeds of sales of illegal drugs.

Oriol, chief of the Minglanilla Police Station, said a week before the killing, unidentified persons kept visiting the  place looking for Bacus.

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

TAGS: Cebu, drugs, Minglanilla, Minglanilla police station, Senior Insp. Franco Rudolf Oriol, Tungkop

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.