Dela Rosa: Some CV officials were receiving drugs money, hence revamp
Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, admitted that the revamp of police officials in Central Visayas was because of reports that some of them were receiving money from personalities involved in illegal drugs.
He, however, declined to elaborate or identify the officials during a news conference on Monday morning at the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas headquarters in Cebu City.
Dela Rosa, however, apologized to Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña who was offended that city police director, Senior Supt. Benjamin Santos was taken out from the Cebu City Police Office without informing him first.
“Pasensya na, Sir ug nahiubos ka ug gitangtang imong city director (I apologize Sir if you felt bad when you city director was relieved, “ he told a press conference on Monday morning at the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7).
He asked Osmeña to reconsider his decision to no longer get involved in the fight against illegal drugs and stop the P50,000 reward for every dead crime suspect as well as not to provide allowances to newly assigned officers.
“We really need you. Please don’t abandon us in this fight,” Dela Rosa said.
He urged his policemen assigned at the Cebu City Police Office not to be discouraged by the decision of Osmeña but instead continue with the fight.
Santos was among the officials at the PRO-7 who were relieved during the revamp last week.
The others were Senior Supt. Jonathan Cabal of the Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO), Sr. Supt. Arnel Libed of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office (LLCPO), and Sr. Supt. Clifford Gairanod of the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO).
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.