Duterte orders part of Fuga Island allotted for PH Navy base

Frances Mangosing - Reporter / @FMangosingINQ 08/10/2020

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (Ceza) to set aside a portion of Fuga Island in Cagayan province for use as a base by the Philippine Navy. On Monday (Aug. 10), Vice…

Family of slain Clarin mayor Navarro cooperating with NBI investigation – Enrile

Alven Marie Timtim 11/04/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines —  The National Bureau of Investigation Central Visayas Regional Office (NBI-CEVRO) is coordinating with the family of Clarin, Misamis Occidental Mayor David Navarro as they formally start investigation on his ambush-slay. “Galing yung dalawang…

Enrile: NBI-CEVRO ready to probe Clarin town mayor’s ambush-slay

Alven Marie A. Timtim 10/28/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The National Bureau of Investigation Central Visayas Regional Office (NBI-CEVRO) is prepared to take the lead in investigating the Friday afternoon, October 25, 2019, ambush-slay of Clarin town, Misamis Occidental Mayor David Navarro.…

Loot turns to NBI to clear him of ‘false criticisms’

Alven Marie Timtim 07/15/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines — “It is his right.” This was what Police Brigadier General Debold Sinas, Police Regional Office 7 (PRO-7) director, had to say to former Daanbantayan mayor Vicente Loot, when the latter sent a letter…

NBI-7 chief: Suspect in Christine Lee Silawan murder, 17-year-old boy, nabbed

Paul Lauro 03/18/2019

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Regional Director Tomas Enrile of the National Bureau of Investigation in Central Visayas (NBI-7) confirmed on Monday, March 18, that they had already apprehended the suspect in the killing of Christine Lee Silawan.…

Despite age, Enrile wants ‘to join the fun,’ announces Senate run

Inquirer.net 10/16/2018

Former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile will “join the fun” by running for senator in the 2019 midterm elections. “I want to join the fun,” the 95-year-old Enrile told INQUIRER.net in an interview over the phone on…

Pimentel: Martial law victims best proof vs Enrile lies

Inquirer 09/23/2018

Filipinos who lived through martial law should debunk claims there were no arrests, torture and killings during the 21-year rule of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos. Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III also reminded educators that they were…

Retrieving compassion

Jason A. Baguia 09/09/2016

If social media is a clue to the quality of our neighborliness, we have much reason for disillusionment, especially if we examine the discourse in the aftermath of the blasts that killed 14 and injured scores of…

Why Senate can’t suspend Enrile just yet

07/31/2014

MANILA, Philippines — The Office of the Senate President told the Sandiganbayan on Thursday that it could not yet suspend Senator Juan Ponce Enrile over his pork barrel scam cases. The letter, signed by Senate President Franklin Drilon’s chief of staff Atty. Renato Bantug Jr.,…

COA directive: Senators told to return pork funds

Inquirer 02/01/2014

MANILA — The Commission on Audit has told Senators Ramon Revilla Jr., Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Gregorio Honasan III to return the millions of pesos in pork barrel funds that they had allegedly funneled to…

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.